Friday 13 May 2011

The rain stopped!

Well, it has been raining here for something like 23 days and finally today the rain stopped.  The clouds are still here but at least it is not as wet.

I took the opportunity to do my favorite household chore (really the only one I actually like).  I hung some clothes on the line, OUTSIDE!
Until today, I was doing this...

Diapers, liners and wipes air drying in the living room.
I think this really adds to the decor of our living room.

Also today, Lila and I ventured out to take a peek at the few signs of spring we have in our yard.  Someone please remind me in the fall that I really want to plant some spring bulbs so that our yard doesn't look so sad this time next year!
These appeared in our front garden but we didn't plant them.  What a fun surprise!

German mayflowers.  Didn't plant these either but am glad they popped up!
This is our project for the next sunny day.  Mom dug up some rhubarb for us to transplant in our yard.  Its been raining since she brought it over so it is still in the box.  Hopefully we can get it in the ground over the weekend. 

I found these on my counter today and decided that it was time to use them or compost them and I do hate to be wasteful....
So I made something delicious. It is Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin bread.... all wonderful things in one tasty loaf pan!  This recipe came from Oh She Glows (one of my favorite "healthy" blogs).

These are the ingredients I used.


So, I mashed the bananas which basically disintegrated in my hands anyway.
Then I mixed all the wet ingredients in one bowl and all the dry ingredients in another. Then I mixed them together and folded in the raisins (I use PC Organics raisins because they are huge and moist and delicious!) I forgot I was supposed to be documenting each step.  I'm new at this remember?  


Ready for the oven.
I decided to use two smaller pans instead of one larger one so I can freeze one and have it for later.  I love to freeze things, but then I forget I have them and end up making more..... I guess there are worse things you could have more of than baked goods. 

When they came out of the oven they looked like this....

Honey Banana Pumpkin Raisin Loaf
 YUM!  And fairly healthy too! I highly recommend it and I fear the second loaf may not quite make it to the freezer!


No comments:

Post a Comment