Saturday 28 May 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I went on a search for a good muffin recipe because I was craving something delicious for a quick and easy   breakfast treat, something that butter would taste nice melted on!  I took to my favorite food blogs and found this recipe for the Awesomest Blueberry Muffins from the Pioneer Woman Cooks.  These muffins did not were truly terrific.  I didn't make the blueberry yogurt sauce to go with them but I still have a dozen of them in the freezer so when they come out I might make the sauce to go with them because it also looks super tasty.  Maybe a girly brunch date is in my future! Any takers?

I mixed together the wet ingredients. My favorite part of this recipe was that it contains yogurt!  I used Stoneyfield Original Organic. Yum!

Then added the dry ingredients and mixed! (Very scientific, I know).
I folded in the blueberries and spooned the mixture into the pan.  The recipe calls for fresh blueberries but I used frozen ones, they still taste great. I realized while making these that I only own one muffin pan.  I guess I'll add that to the Christmas list along with cookie pans that aren't black, new running shoes (to help work off all these delicious treats) and I'm sure the list will continue!




I baked them in our volcano.... I mean oven...  at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.

They look a little crispy in the picture but they turned out nicely.  Kind of crunchy on top and moist and soft and delicious inside!!!  I will definitely make these again!

Plus Lila loves when I bake with blueberries because she gets to munch while I work!

She REALLY likes frozen blueberries!



The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch of salt
Dash of Nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 generous cup plain, unflavored yogurt (throw in extra if you want)
2 cups fresh blueberries
Vanilla Extract
Softened Butter, for muffin tins
Turbinado sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In another large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, cap-ful of vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.
Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.
Add mixture to well-buttered muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over top. (Brown sugar can be used instead.)
Bake 20 to 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment