Wednesday 18 May 2011

Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes

This is what happens when you have no groceries and need to use up some of the odds and ends in the cupboard and freezer.  Because I am home on parental leave and money is a little tighter than normal we seem o be doing this a lot lately as we try to stretch the time between our grocery trips further and further!


So, I had blueberries and oatmeal and I wanted something I could give to Lila so it had to be easy to chew with not much sugar or salt in it... so I went to the internet!


I typed "Oatmeal Pancakes" into Google and found a recipe that sounded easy at the Western Gazette.


Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. Soak rolled oats in milk for approximately 10 minutes
  2. Mix dry ingredients
  3. Add wet ingredients and mix with a fork until ingredients are mixed through
  4. Let batter stand for five minutes before cooking
  5. Serve with butter and maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon for extra flavour
— Nicole Gibillini


I used Whole wheat flour instead of white, half the amount of salt the recipe called for and I used maple syrup instead of brown sugar.

 Mixed the ingredients together....
Put them in the pan and put some frozen blueberries on top.  I did it this way because when I mix the blueberries into the batter, it turns it blue, or sometimes a greenish blue, and that just doesn't appeal to me.  
Yum!  Mommy got to have butter and maple syrup on hers! Lila did not.
But that didn't stop her!  She devoured two of these delicious morsels in one sitting!  I think they were a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment