Tuesday 24 May 2011

Chocolate chip cookies - Take One

I love chocolate chip cookies (as I have mentioned before).  However, I have not been able to find the perfect recipe, yet.  I'm on a quest to find the chocolate chip cookie recipe that I just simply cannot live without.

Starting with this one:
"Must Make Chocolate Chip Cookies" from the blog My Baking Addiction

originally from bettycrocker.com
My dough

Check out all the chocolatey goodness! 

Little gooey balls of deliciousness.

Please don't judge my nasty looking pans.... maybe someday I will get some new ones that I'm not embarrassed of!

There are 4 cups of chocolate chips in this recipe.  Yes, you read that correctly, 4 cups!!!!

The finished product!

My Review:
These cookies really are delicious! Judging by how many disappeared from the cookie jar over the past few days, I would say J likes them too!
I think I would add a little more salt next time.  Also, there is almost too much chocolate in these cookies.  I know, I never thought I would say it either..... I just feel like with a little less chocolate and a little more salt the cookies would be more balanced.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag (24 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)
Method
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoonfuls or #40 cookie/ice cream scoop 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment