Saturday 14 May 2011

The quest has begun....

So I have been talking for weeks about wanting to begin a quest to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.  I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, they are an addiction really. A serious problem.


I went to Costco on the weekend and purchased a 2.4kg bag of chocolate chips to begin the quest. 

I found a recipe today that I just had to try!  It was from the How Sweet It Is Blog.  I love this blog, I would be huge, HUGE, if I ate half the stuff she bakes but anything I have ever tried from this site has been delicious!  


Today I made Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies.  I am not just a sucker for chocolate chip cookies but also for any form of chocolate and peanut butter mixed together.  These cookies pretty much encompass everything I dream of at night!  


Here are the ingredients I used.


I creamed together the butter, sugar, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla.


Then added the flour and mixed until the batter was sort of fluffy.


Then added in the cocoa and other dry ingredients.


Then I melted half a cup of chocolate chips (the recipe calls for some milk chocolate chips but I used all semi-sweet because, lets face it, I have lots of them!).


Then I stirred the melted chocolate as well as the other chocolate chips into the batter.




I put the dough in the fridge for a couple of hours and then threw them onto cookie sheets in little balls and baked them for 10 minutes at 325 (because our over is like an indoor volcano we usually set the heat about 25 degrees less than any recipe calls for).  


The result was pure chocolate and peanut butter bliss! Highly recommended and though these are not traditional chocolate chip cookies I think they were a fantastic way to kick off the quest!!!  


Tomorrow I should probably spend less time baking and more time exercising....



Here is the recipe:

Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 30-40 cookies
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
1 heaping teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add in melted semi-sweet chocolate and mix until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop large mounds of dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I just wiped some drool off my chin.... those look Ah. Maze. Ing. yum!!

    ReplyDelete