Monday 22 August 2011

Rain rain go away!

I wrote this a few weeks ago in the midst of the rain... then forgot about it when the sun finally came out!

Well it has been a very long time since I have posted! But back by popular demand (okay, maybe one or two of my relatives...) A quick Lila update:

She is crawling like a mad-woman!  She is all over the house, into everything and views an device that attempts to keep her in one location as an insult and protests against it as if her life depends on it!

She is pulling herself up onto the furniture and everything else she can find and is maneuvering her way around things but hasn't yet gotten up the courage to step away from the furniture.  I'm feeling like this is only a very short matter of time and then my mobility nightmare will be even worse!

She likes dog food but has only managed to get one.... okay maybe two pieces successfully into her mouth (that I'm aware of).

Sleep continues to evade us.  We have moved Lila's crib into her own room (it was in our room at the foot of our bed). We thought Bailey might be waking her up when she was in our room because she would go in in the evenings when Lila was asleep and her nails would click on the hard wood.  However, Lila continues to wake up in her own room as well.  Her new routine is bed around 8 (most nights) then she gets up around 10 and we put her back in her crib.  Then she seems to be staying in her crib until anywhere between 12:00 and 2:00.  Then she cries and one of us (usually me, lets be honest, J doesn't "hear" her apparently.  Although have you ever seen the Big Bang episode where Sheldon and Leonard break into Penny's apartment to clean it and Sheldon tells Leonard to talk in a lower register because women are biologically programmed to wake up to high pitched noises like the sound of a crying baby?  This may be true, I mean Big Bang wouldn't like to me right?).  Anyway, then when she waked up I nurse her and she comes and joins us in our bed.  I'm sure there are a number of things wrong with this scenario in terms of encouraging sleep but right now, thats what we are doing.  I think I am going to attempt night weaning (the process by which a mother continues to breast feed on demand during the day but not at night).  We'll see how this goes.  I don't think Lila is 100% ready to wean yet but I am ready to give up the middle of the night feedings complete with bad latch and sore, tired nipples.  Nice, I know. You wanted those details.

Diapers.  We have a stink issue right now. I'm going to try washing the next load in Rockin' Green (the the funk remover stuff because they didn't have any at Fiddleheads, but that will be the next resort). I'll let you know how I like the Rockin' Green detergent.

Teeth!  She has two. They popped up this past weekend and didn't really give up too much trouble.  I think the teeth may be impacting her sleep so I'm taking that into consideration as well.

Her new favorite things (aside from dog food) include:
- Elmo's world DVD from the library which has come in very hand on the nights she woke up around 3am and decided it was time to be up for the day but all I was able to do was lay on the couch like a zombie.
- Blueberries, peaches, plums.  She would eat fruit all day long.  I just cut them into bite sized chunks and she devours them!
- Bailey. She has a new obsession with the dog who she chases all over the house.  Bailey is a very patient dog, but being deaf gets a little flustered when Lila sneaks up on her over and over and over again.  She has been very good though and just gets up and moves away from the baby. Poor Bailey, nowhere is safe.

Things she doesn't like this week:
- Have her hair washed.
- The vacuum cleaner (guess I can't clean then right??)

We went camping one weekend in July, I should do a whole post on that.  It was so much fun!  We are hoping to go again later this month.  We are also planning a quick trip to Fredericton to visit J's brother and sister in-law for a night or two. Should be fun.  Lila's first long road trip!  I love road trips.  J does not.  We'll see who Lila takes after in this regard!

I have given up baking as my scale has made a sharp incline as opposed to the slow and steady decline I was seeing since having Lila.  Might be time to start working out again and eating fewer cookies.....

I go back to work in two weeks.  Thats right.  Two!  Can you believe it!  I am certainly going to miss being home but at the same time I am looking forward to getting back into a routine and getting to work with some of the best kids and best Learning Centre staff in the world!  Having such great people to work with will definitely make the transition easier!

Well, I think it is breakfast time.  Hmm, cheerios and berries?  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment